Friday, February 29, 2008

TGIF - I know, how original...

For the love of God, Thank God it's Friday!!!!! I truly thought this week would NEVER end. And it wasn't one of those weeks that "dragged", per say, but rather one that seemed to never end while at the same time FLYING by. My days at work this week have been filled with random meetings (either new project launch meetings or new vendors coming in battling for our business, kissing our butts from here to high Heaven... it's a tad sickening actually), errands, Bean duty, spin class, basketball, lifting, cleaning, bills, blah blah blah.

Hudson has been trying incessantly all week to convince us that he is NOT injured and does NOT belong on the "IR" list. He IS in fact injured, although we haven't quite figured out what happened, or what part of him is injured - his hip or his leg. He's having a pretty hard time getting up from a laying down position and every once in a while will whimper when trying to maneuver around some random object. So, we're making a trip to our new vet in Hales Corners tomorrow to see what is up. New vet is the vet that Hudson's breeder referred us to last summer, when we couldn't figure out why he kept coming so close to passing out after only playing for a short time (he has issues w/even the slightest bit of warmth or heat and we have to watch him like a hawk come spring and summer and chase his ass around w/ a hose and let him play in a kiddie pool. High maintenance, much?). This guy has bred / bread (what the? How do you spell that?) GSPs for 30 years or something like that, wait, maybe it's 13. Whatever, the number 3 is in his stat and I just know it's a good long time. So, he will be Hudson's official vet going forward. Wish us luck. We don't have a good feeling about this one. We thought Layla was high maintenance... Hudson's trying to show us who's boss and give her a run for her money... or our money. Cripes. His food alone costs $40 a bag, and I know this vet bill isn't going to be small.

Layla's doing well (knock on wood... have to say that w/her in daycare and doing all she can to dodge the never ending germs that loom over her Charlie Brown dome). Sitting up all by herself like a champ. Talking constantly and smiley as ever. Sorry... forgot the camera again today. I'll post some pics tomorrow. I am guessing she's at about 22lbs at this point. We'll know on 3/12 for sure. That's her next doctor appt.

Okee dokee smokies. Check out the links to some of our friends' blogs that we've added (top right portion of the page). And, feel free to post to Kelly, Matt n' Teagan's blog asking them to get on it and post more pics of Teagan. Frickin' slackers.

Ugh. Is it 5:00 yet? And where's my Sekbeka?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey no need to call me a slacker! I'm just really bad at remembering to take pictures. Maybe I should just always wear our camera around my neck like a tourist and then maybe I'd remember to take some pictures!! I'll post some Sunday night of our weekend in Door County:) Talk about slacking...have you called the spa yet??

The Sherman's said...

I'm not slacking, I'm WORKING. You should try it. ;) Kidding. I'll call later today. I'm buried here. All I can thinking about is ordering a case of my favorite wine too!

Anonymous said...

What's up Bloggers!

Just a hey to you...Jake nice tat2. I didn't know you had the first one with aprils name. Cool.
Do you have a spring break comming up this month?
OK, hope you guys are well & happy. Nice pics.

adios!

tp

The Sherman's said...

TP!! we were just talking about you and wondering what your latest mountain trek entailed. how are you? how's AK? send us some pics! and i'll go ahead and speak for jake - he has SB 3/24-2/28. why? you comin' to WI anytime soon!? miss ya!