Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stop the Insanity!!!!!

Well... here's how my morning went:

... I went to drop Layla off at daycare and as I pulled in, the fire alarm was going off and kids, babies, teachers were flying out of every entrance / exit associated with that building. It was the scariest thing I've ever seen. All the little babies were thrown into one crib, on wheels, none of them had jackets, blankets, etc. --But in our daycare's defense, they were just trying to get everyone out as fast as possible, as this clearly wasn't a practice run. They were screaming at the top of their lungs, shivering, scared. I jumped out of my car and grabbed every blanket, jacket whatever I could find and started covering the babies and had 3 babies in my arms at once trying to keep them warm. I felt so terrible for the teachers... they were so scared and didn't know what to do. Thankfully, the daycare is associated with the Church next door, so all the kids and babies could go up there.

Needless to say... w/all the chaos, I didn't want to leave Layla there and give them one more thing to worry about. So, I'm home and will be waiting for a call from daycare to tell me if / when I can bring Layla back. I know it wasn't a false alarm, because they tell us in advance of fire drills (and wouldn't have one in -3 degree weather) and Layla's teacher told me she smelled something right before the alarm went off.

geeeze!!

and to top it off, i had my 2nd spin class last night so my legs are about as stable as toothpicks holding up a house... i'm as wobbly as they come right now and when something like the above happens to you and you're all rattled by it, you don't realize the moves you're making until it's all over. OUCH.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes! how scary is right! have a good day at home! try to enjoy it! :-) taking ry to a modeling agency this morning...

hey - move up here and i'll watch layla for ya. :-)

Tee said...

If I remember right Nan lives in/near the cities....she's right...move here!!! :-)

Geezz, I hope every thing's ok at the daycare and no one was hurt. How scary is right!

I would KILL if my legs were as wobbly as toothpicks and not as big as tree trunks....

Anonymous said...

This kind of sh*! only happens to you!!

Anonymous said...

Go Hartford!!!

The Sherman's said...

Let me guess -- anonymous posts are a la matt n' kelly??? ;) or, z or gobbz?

Anonymous said...

Yuppers...mine was the first and Matt's was the second:)

gobbz said...

yeah, like I'd post on here...;)

wait...dang it.