Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy 11 mo Bday to you Bean Pie!!

Layla Bean,

You're 11 months old today. 11 months. I cannot believe it. I know, how cliche to say, "I can't believe how fast its gone." But I can't. I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday, and will never forget the pain and agony you put Jake and I through the first few months of your life (you were a mad baby). ;)

Your latest and greatest:

You love to talk. Who knows what you're saying, but it seems very important. You put your hands up w/your palms up to the sky as if you're saying, "I just don't understand why you people are always saying how hard it is to be a responsible adult. This world is easy to live in and people are constantly telling me how great I am. You should try being this cute."

You're crawling at light speed. And pulling yourself up to a standing position anytime you get a chance. You're taking assisted steps, either with someone holding your hands or using a walker of some sort (or Hudson).

You love showing us your "muscles". You do it on command now, along with "high five".
You wave hi and bye, you can sign "milk" and "more".

You love to shove as much food as you can get your hands on into your mouth all at one time. We've had one choking scare so far, but I'd say considering how much you manage to smash into your mouth on a daily basis, just one scare is pretty damn good I think.

You can say, "Hudson", "Mum-mum-mum" (mom) and "Daddy" (which you say ALL THE TIME). You sometimes say, "uh oh" too!

You can feed yourself ... with your hands or a spoon!

Love you baby girl!



This morning:

Me: Layla Bean, you're 11 months old today!

Layla: You've got to be kidding me! I feel amazing! And frankly, I think I look amazing too!





Layla playing w/ one of her favorite toys this morning.




Grandpa and Grandma Sherman: Did you bring Layla an early Birthday present this weekend and sneak it into her stash of books!? We found it last night! Layla loves it! Thank you!!



Layla: Hudson, come here dude. Open this thing for me would ya?


Layla feeding herself. Yes, with a spoon AND a fork. Piglet. ;)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what this means....only one month left to plan the big b-day party! And if I know anything it's that people in Hartford like to PARTY! We'll bring the keg..of rootbeer:)

The Sherman's said...

Hehehe. After experiencing one too many 1st Bday parties, we've decided to have a fam only bday party. We've been the host of way too many parties and events in a very small period of time and we're sick of doing it, and, have no money to be the "hosts with the most". All the money we used to have for pinwheels and cowboy hats go to Layla now.

Anonymous said...

Love all the pics - thanks! And thanks for the phone call today - I sure miss you guys!

The fam bday party is the way to go. Layla's too little to know any different. When she turns 2, 3, and 4.. look out. 'Cuz they KNOW it's their birthday and they look for anyway to rack up the most gifts possible!