Monday, August 11, 2008

The Wall

Well, it's official. I've hit The Wall. The inevitable wall of exhaustion. It's only been 1 week since I've been flying solo with Layla and Hudson and Saturday afternoon I officially crashed and burned. I've been moving at warp speed since Jake left with work and Layla and it's already caught up with me. I could use about three straight days of sleep, and, my husband home. Two weeks left. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

The weekend was spent with Grandma Jennifer on Saturday and then visiting with an old friend, Rachel, on Sunday. Grandma Jennifer came to lend a hand while I crossed some "to-do's" off the list (mowed the lawn, went grocery shopping, walked the kid n' dog, cleaned the house, etc). Sunday, Layla and I met Rachel at Bayshore mall, which was great. Awesome weather and what a cute place!! I will definitely be dragging Jake there w/the fam after he's home. Just being able to hang out outside, people watch and do nothing was great. Layla loved hanging out in the courtyard watching all the kids jump through the water fountains. Soon, she'll be doing the same.

No "mishaps" like the ones I had earlier last week over the weekend (I didn't post about those mishaps as I don't want to bring on more trouble. Let's just say someone choked, someone else broke something new, someone else almost ate a fly, something in the house now makes a really loud consistent noise... I could go on and on and on. And yes, all of the "someones" I mention are DIFFERENT people. So, it's safe to say that no one is safe when dad is away. All three of us are hazerdous to ourselves and those around us).

Tomorrow, Auntie Megan will be coming to stay with us for a few days. Can't wait. Layla will love hanging out w/her, and so will I! I'm hoping to take a day off sometime this week so the three of us can hit the zoo, which I think Layla will appreciate more now than the first time she went (she just seems more into animals now than ever before).

Woosa. I think I can, I think I can. My head is killing me.

No comments: