Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm on the brink...

Auntie Meg... singin' Old McDonald to Layla Bean. Love Layla's expression.
Layla "shakin" it. She loves her little piggie bracelet that rattles when she shakes her arms.
Hungry wild beast. This poor animal wanted to destroy us.
Layla watching the hungry beast.
Layla telling me, "That cheetah has had it up to HERE."

I'm on the brink of insanity. The lack in posts is due to the fact that I've been juggling a 25 lb butterball (literally juggling her, as she will not let me put her down these days), trying not to trip over my head case dog, doing my best not to fall behind at work and making sure the house is at least picked up enough where there isn't food laying out that'll attract rodents or flies.


Last week was BRUTAL. BRUTAL. BRUTAL. I was in my office only once last week, the rest of the week was spent working from home and multi tasking w/all of the above. Layla got her top front teeth last week, which was as much of a challenge as her being colicky in her first months of life. One trip to urgent care, an incorrect diagnosis, sick baby as a result of being put on meds she didn't need, follow up trip to the dr for a 2nd opinion (which confirmed my suspicions that Layla had been misdiagnosed w/an ear infection and upper respiratory infection therefore did not need to be on meds), four days out of the office, a visit from Auntie Meg that pretty much saved all of our lives and some long days w/out sleep later, I'm back at work. Wondering what day it is, which foot to put in front of which foot first and growling at the A-hole who poured the last cup of java w/out making more. JAG!


The good news is that in between all of this we did have part of a day last week where Layla was in good spirits, so Auntie Meg and I took her to the zoo. She loved it and it was not crowded at all so we were able get up close and personal w/ all the animals. Layla's favorite was the cheetah, although I'm confident he was pacing so close to the glass because he was starving and wanted to eat all the kids that had their grubby little paws pressed up against the glass, just taunting the wild beast. Meg, thanks for coming! You're a saint for what you hung out for over the past few days and I really appreciate your helping hands!

Daddy will be home on Friday. I think I can. I think I can.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there babe! So... what did the 2nd opinion Dr. have to say!? I'm SO glad you went!! It's HARD to be a single-mom isn't it? Props to all of those out there, esp those with more than one kid! When Josh was traveling a lot for work even these last couple months... it's tiring! Hope Layla Bean's doing better! Call me anytime!!

Tee said...

Hang in there Apes! Only a couple more days! Call me if you need to vent so that you don't hit the wall again...it might help a little.