Friday, February 5, 2010

2 years and 5 months


My little Layla sweety... Tomorrow, you'll be 2 years and 5 months old! Really?? Is that possible?? Recently, you moved up to the big kid section of daycare (essentially, early preschool). That was a big transition for you and an even bigger one for me. You were sent home with a permission slip for the various field trips you'll be going on over the next few months the other night. I was in total disbelief about the entire concept of my baby going on field trips that would involve someone besides me or your daddy transporting you. In fact, I thought the fact that we received the outline of the trips and the permission slip was a mistake! Low and behold - this is no mistake. You'll be starting to go on field trips on February 26th, all the way through May. Fun things like getting on a big school bus to travel to Family Fund Land, a hike at Pike Lake, a performance at the Art Center, etc. All wonderful experiences for you, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't totally and completely FREAKED out by the fact that you, my BABY, would be getting on a big old giant school bus, without a car seat (or a seat belt for that matter) and without me or your daddy. SO, being the mama bear that I am, I took matters into my own hands and decided that any field trip that will involve you being transported from anywhere to anywhere will also involve ME. I may as well be your chaperone now, while you think it's fun and cool, before you start telling me to walk into events behind you and pretend I don't know you, right?
Oh my little stinky Bean. How can you possibly be growing up so fast?? You are a full on ham, you talk like the English language is going out of style, you're fully potty trained (except nights), you're moving to your big girl bed this weekend, you have "friends", you love being a princess, and you LOVE to dance!!!!
Please oh please keep being as sweet as you are and try not to turn into a devil child as you grow into a beautiful woman. We are so very proud of you and love you more than you will ever know.

3 comments:

Tee said...

Big girl bed this weekend!! Hoodie Hoo! Go Layla! I know you'll love it! Mom and Dad on the other hand...not so much...not you can get out of bed when ever YOU want...Logan makes the trip into our room at 2 am almost once a week...oh and 5:00 am almost every day...

The Sherman's said...

Oh snap. We just changed our plans. Not dealing with that crap! Kidding. Jake originally wanted to switch her to her big girl bed this week. I was like, "uh, no. I'd like to not be a zombie at work this week. Let's go ahead and die of sleep deprivation this weekend vs. this week."

Kelly, Matt, Teagan and Sutter said...

When we moved Teagan to her big girl bed almost a year ago we told her she couldn't get out of it. So now when she wakes up on the weekends and we're still in bed she just calls for me and when I tell her to come in by us and snuggle she just yells back "I'm not allowed outta my bed"! So it goes both ways, I WISH she would get outta her bed now on her own:)