Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Super Dad!

So, the other night, Layla was doing what she does best - running around naked. I was prepping her bath and Layla kept coming in and out of the bathroom telling me she had to go poop. When I'd put her on the potty, she'd quickly jump off and say, "No, I not have to poop. I done." Uh, okay, whatev's. So, that process repeated itself about 4 times and then Layla said she had to go bye-bye (a game she plays). She left the bathroom and shut the door, so I was in the bathroom listening to the bath water run. I heard Layla chirping a few times outside of the bathroom door, but couldn't make out exactly what she was saying because of the water running and at that point didn't really care because I knew she was within eye sight of Jake.

All of a sudden, I heard Layla yelling and crying really loud. I freaked out, thinking that maybe she had shut her hand in the door so I ran to the door and opened it. Then I saw him - Super Dad to the rescue. Jake was standing behind Layla who was yelling and crying, "I pooped! My poop came out!" Why was Jake standing there behind Layla you ask? Oh, well, you see, it was because he saw what was about to happen from the living room, put on his Super Dad cape and flew to the rescue. As Layla's poopie made it's exit, Jake put his hands under Bean's butt and caught it. YES. I SAID IT. JAKE CAUGHT LAYLA'S POOP IN HIS HANDS. And, let me tell you, this was no tiny poop. This thing should've came out of Shrek.

Needless to say, Jake was promptly dismissed from bath duty that night and was given a "plus one" for the night (our score keeping system that we started years ago. April: 390203 points, Jake: 4). ;)

Go daddy go. You pooper scooper.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Please remind me not to shake Jake's hand next time I see him, thanks.

Tee said...

This is HILARIOUS!! Nice work Jake, I don't think Brian could have done that. Wow this makes me laugh so hard! And also be thankful that Logan does not like to be naked anymore and always wants his diaper on.

ol'huntin'dog said...

Couldn't be more proud of you son.
Ice

The Schultz's said...

ahhhhhh haaaa haaa... that's awesome!