Wednesday, March 16, 2011

As promised...

As some of you may already know, I decided to give up Facebook for lent. With the current events and political chaos that has taken over in WI, I feel like I need a break from it and will regain some of my sanity by living without constant access to people's thoughts, daily activities, plans, latest meals, opinions, etc. Who knows, maybe after Easter I'll be so calm and peaceful after my FB hiatus that I'll be ready to walk away forever.

Not much to update on right now. We're anticipating our trip to Mayo (we leave tomorrow night) with excitement and jitters. I'm ready to make a decision on treatment, but in all honesty, am really hoping that the decision that we're led to is to continue on, life as usual, with 'observation' (regular MRIs and CTs for life) and that I'll be okay without pursuing radiation. I've been trying so hard not to worry or be taken over by anxiety in anticipation of my appointment. I've found that since being jammed into the ICU back in October, I am now officially afraid of hospitals. So walking into Mayo will likely not be a non-event for me and I anticipate some mild heart palpatations, to say the least.

I'm putting all my eggs in the, 'Luck of the Irish' basket for now. It has to mean something that we're leaving for Mayo on St. Patty's Day, right?!?!

Updates and pictures to come... we've managed to incorporate some fun events into our trip so will have pictures of Layla, Logan, Cody and Nina swimming away in the pool at our hotel!

Wish us luck!!

5 comments:

Nanny April said...

Good luck April!! I hope everything goes well :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck April! I can't believe you have to go through all of this. I am sending you energy and love! Laura

Roemer said...

Your a loser get back on Facebook...!! J/K well really not..!! Good Luck @Mayo...!! We will be thinking of you...Love you lots....!!!!!!!!

Nonnie said...

I think the Luck of the Irish will be with you.
Have fun with the kids and take a lot of pictures. Make sure you are in some of them.
Mom

Anonymous said...

LUCK!

Also, Ive been working a lot, will be married in less than 6 weeks, and Im pissed cuz Syracuse lost.

That's what you've missed on my facebook lately...;)

gobbz