Friday, March 4, 2011

Kill the Bill!!

I'm not going to type much about this event, as I think the pictures do the talking. I will say, that this day (February 26, 2011) was a very special one for our family and many of our friends, and I'm so thankful I was able to be there and be a part of it. I was absolutely amazing to be surrounded by so many thousands of people who supported each other and were willing to come out in the freezing cold and snow to express their opinions and objections to this crazy proposal our lunatic Governor is shoving down our throats.

Thanks to Grandpa Ice and Gramma D for making the trek with us, to the Gritts for meeting us there, to Bob for making the trip with us and to the rest of you who were there, and have been there for days on end, for voicing your opinions and fighting for the rights of those who've EARNED them.


Awesome view of the capitol and crowd. Lots of good energy and support.


Layla and daddy were chanting, "Kill the Bill! Kill the Bill!" in this one.


One word: Amen!!


You can't really see this in the picture, but the sign is hanging on a little kid's back. Poor kid NEEDS to take part in the American Dream people! ;)


Another pic of the awesome crowd on the steps of the capitol. This is what democracy looks like.


Our beautiful capitol, Madison, WI.


Nuff said.


Look closely at this one. The yellow sign, attached to our state flag, says, "For Sale by Republicans". Again - nuff said.


He makes a lot of mommies (and daddys) cry, my sweet one.



Our view as we walked up to our rally spot (on Wisconsin and Mifflin).


Our enthusiastic protesters - Layla, daddy and Gramma D!!


Layla and Gramma D on the bus ride to the capitol.


Daddy, Gramma D, Bob and Layla... In the freezing cold line waiting for the bus.

3 comments:

Lisa K said...

Very cool!

T Gop said...

Duh-ude...deactivated my FB account. It was draining the life out of me. Zip me an e-mail when you get a chance: teresagoplin@gmail.com.

April said...

Nice Teresa! So crazy that you did that... I just posted on FB yesterday that I'm giving up FB for lent. Maybe after Easter, I'll be ready to say good-bye forever. :)