Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This is how Democrats take a vacation

Oh yeah, I said it, Democrat. I suppose I can't say that I'm 100% democrat just yet (I've always been in the middle, but have leaned to the left for the most part), but I'm getting close stepping over the line after all the political turmoil in WI as of late. To cope with the stress and anxiety of it all, I joke about it (usually paraphrasing 'jokes' the Republican party make about Democrats anyway, so I can't take all the credit... and yes, that was an underhanded bash on some, not all, Republicans... not those of you who are my friends and / or family that consider themselves Repubs). Since it's looking like more and more Dems are falling into the lower class division of society, it only makes sense to refer to our recent trip to the hotel in Rochester as a "Democratic Vacation" - cheap, but not home, so there you go - vacation!

Layla had an absolute fantastic time at the hotel we stayed at - wait for it... Oh yeah baby, a Ramada! Now that's what I call fancy. ;) It was actually pretty nice, and the indoor pool was impressive. They made it seem a little less "indoor" with the all-glass ceiling that let in sunlight and warmth. So, even though we were inside, when the sun was shining, you sort of felt like you were outside (minus the feezing cold). At first, Layla's favorite was the kid's pool (more like a wading pool) with a little slide and a turtle fountain. But, after I put a Dora life vest on her that helped her float (thanks for letting us borrow it, Maddie and Christine), she gained some confidence about swimming in the big pool and went crazy practicing her jumping and going underwater. She did so great!!

Of course, once Logan and Cody arrived, the fun amped up even more and the kids just couldn't get enough (kids in this case also include the parents... we loved it). I brought balls for the Meyer boys and for Layla, so they had something to play with in the pool. Lesson learned there: All kids should get the same color ball. I thought it'd be special for each of them to have their own color. Uh, no. That only caused problems because if Cody grabbed Layla's pink ball, all hell broke loose. And Layla was so concerned w/ who belonged to which ball that she'd freak if one of the boys switched balls. Mother of pearl - OCD much?


o

1 comment:

Nan said...

oh yes! i quickly learned it's not "one girl and one boy toy" in the happy meals... it's 2 boys or 2 girls because gosh darn it they HAVE to have the same toy or there's a fight. there just is. ha ha