Monday, March 24, 2008

Calling all Angels...






Our first Easter w/our little Bean... how cute is she in her dresses?! Yes, I said dresses... we traveled north to Grandpa and Grandpa Sherman's for Easter, so I had to pack a few options, as I really had no clue what was going to fit. The pink dress is size 9 months and was a tad too tight around her upper arms and "chest". The yellow dress is size 18 months (what the?) and fit pretty much the same as the pink one. So, we had a fashion show and she ended her day in her Easter Pants n' Sweater, due to an Easter blowout in her tights. Yum.

Layla had a great time w/G'pa and G'ma Sherman, coloring Easter Eggs and playing w/all the fun stuff the Easter Bunny brought for her. She's spoiled already! ;) --I'll post more pics of her fun Easter egg coloring endeavors w/them later today or tomorrow...

Not a lot of time spent sleeping this weekend. Layla is sick, yet again. Started coming down w/ another cold on Friday so we took a trip to the chiropractor to see if he might be able to work some magic. I see nothing, in fact, she was up SCREAMING on Sat night at G'pa and G'ma's, and up a lot of the night last night. She actually slept in bed w/us, which left me curled up at the end of our bed like a dog (who, have I mentioned refuses to sleep in our bed now because he thinks it's too crowded?). I was reluctant to even take Layla to daycare today (I have the day off of work) but took her anyway. I HAD to get some errands ran and the house was a disaster. I'm almost finished cleaning now, but we're buried in laundry and I don't think we'll ever catch up. Ughhhh...

2:30 today marks another dr's appt for Layla. We'll see if she has another ear infection. Which will for sure mean more antibiotics (groan) and a trip to the ENT to discuss tubes.

The title of my post is, "Calling all Angels" because I'm calling on all angels to please send us two things: a cure for Layla's chronic colds and ear infections (and yes, I'm well aware things could be worse and that a cold and ear infection are some parents' dreams compared the much more serious illnesses some babies may be facing as we speak) and a nanny. I'm not kidding. I want a nanny. Daycare can suck an egg. Maybe a leftover rotten Easter egg??

I've had it up to here. Jake is a bit more tolerant, but still frustrated. On top of the fact that they let every kid and their brother mosey on into the infant room whenever they please, snotting, coughing, touching and breathing all over the babies who aren't mobile yet so can't even walk away, they have shifted the entire place so all babies and kids are in the next age group up room... my theory on this is so they can open more spots and make more money. As I left daycare today, I wanted to cry... partially due to sheer exhaustion, partially because all I could hear were kids crying (not Layla, thank God). I was about a second away from walking into the older infant room and saying, "HEY! HEADS UP! THAT KID IS GOING TO SMASH IS LITTLE FINGERS IN THE DOOR, THAT KID JUST FELL DOWN FOR THE SECOND TIME, THAT LITTLE GIRL JUST ATE A FROG AND ONE BABY JUST CRAWLED INTO THE STREET!!!"

For the love of God, send us a nanny. Or an angel. One of the two... or both.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God the pic of Layla holding her dress up! Look at those thighs!!! I want to eat them up!

Anonymous said...

I told you that you jinxed her!

I hope you find your angel, it sounds like you need a break!

The Schultz's said...

She is tooooo cute!!!!! I am sorry to hear about the ear infections :(