Friday, March 7, 2008

Six Months ago... yesterday.




Six months ago, yesterday, our worlds were turned upside down and inside out... Little Layla Jennifer was brought into this crazy place we call life and we haven't looked back since. It's hard to imagine how our lives were before she was here. What on earth did we do with our time? When we said we were "busy" then, what were we really talking about? These days, thinking of getting some "down time" to relax sounds wonderful, but if it means that we have to try to do that without our little Layla, we'd prefer to continue with our crazy busy lives as new parents ... thinking of life without her seems unreal.

Everyone told us how much our lives would change, how different things would be, how we'd love our new baby more than we've ever loved, or ever thought it was possible to love, anything in our entire lives. I remember thinking, "Yeah, I know. Sure, sure. Let me figure it out." But I wondered what everyone could possibly mean? How was it possible to love something more than we've ever loved anything else in life? Now I know.

Little Bean Pie... in the sky... we love you more everyday!!

Instead of posting how big our little one is as a six month old, I thought I'd refresh your (and our) memories with some pics of Layla when she was just minutes, days and about one week old. She doesn't even look like these pictures anymore!!!

Six month old pictures to come this weekend! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, you said 6 month pictures to come this weekend. And well according to my date book it is now Monday and there are no pictures posted. Please don't give me any "I'm so busy" excuse just post the damn pictures!

Anonymous said...

Dido to anonymous....

The Sherman's said...

Stop hiding behind the "anonymous" wall and indentify yourself. I was home with a sick baby all weekend while Jake was at drill. Soooorrrryyyyy!!!
I'll get my "busy" butt downstairs tonight and post pictures... I'm afraid my house will be burned to the ground soon if I don't.
God!