Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Witch Doctor?? Maybe not...




Well... we took little Layla Bean to the chiropracter last night for her chronic ear infections. It was interesting. The doctor was very nice (Jake has had both his daughters as students) and made us feel comfortable w/what he was going to do and how it would all work. He didn't do any of that scary bone cracking or popping or neck twists or anything like that... thank God. Just did some "pressure point" massage type things with her neck and spine. She was fine with it, for the most part, and then started to get fussy. No tears, which means she's just straight up annoyed and was trying to tell him to "knock it off". Then, all of a sudden, right before he finished, Layla just stopped crying completely, turned around and looked up at him almost with a look on her face that said, "Hey! Thanks!" And that was it... the whole thing took about 10 minutes. So, we shall see... She didn't pull on her ears once last night, went to sleep like a champ and ... slept through the night (WHY DID I EVEN TYPE THAT OUT... EVERY TIME I DO SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS THE NEXT NIGHT...)!!! Let's hope this continues!!!!

Some pics of the champ... check out the one of her eating while sleeping in the excersaucer... Yes. She fell asleep, while eating, and standing up on Sunday! It was hystarical. Another of her at the new Hartford Walmart SuperCenter -- could I be more of a loser??? I LOVE it there... I think I've been there like 8 times since it opened. It's like taking bean to a carnival. And the other of Layla taking a nap. This one's for Nonnie... Layla sleeps just like her Nonnie. Arms straight above her head.

:)

3 comments:

Tee said...

Oh my GOD!! Layla is the cutest thing every! I love the picture of her in Wal-Mart! She's adorable! I just want to squeeze her!! Good luck with the ear infections! I really hope they're a thing of the past! Can you just mail her to me for a couple days...I promise I'll send her back....maybe...

Anonymous said...

I hope that really helped and those stupid ear infections are done!!

Anonymous said...

Hi April and Jake!! Love the pictures, and April, you do an awesome job with your writings!!
Hope the "witch doctor" worked, I'd hate to hear about the "tubes". Layla is adorable, give her a big hug from her family in Muskego!! Love Ya!! Donna (Jeff and Michael)