Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It could always be worse, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?

Well, last night was a fun one. Layla kept waking herself up due to her cough, and I finally had to pull her out of her crib at 3:00 a.m. and sit with her on the couch for two hours patting her back to get all the "ickys" worked out. Both her and I were in and out of sleep mode during that time, but I couldn't lay down because I had to keep her upright to prevent more coughing. Both of us finally fell asleep around 5:00 (the time I'm supposed to be getting up) and woke up at 6:30 only to realize I had overslept, and so had Jake. So, we all got ready in a daze this morning as Hudson walked as slow as molasses in front of each step we took, trying his hardest to keep us home.

Poor Hudson. He's injured bad (is that even a sentence?). Torn muscle in his leg according to the vet and is on the "injured reserve" list for an undetermined amount of time, but, for at least two weeks. He really doesn't seem to be getting any better either. He is so sad and bored and just doesn't understand why we won't let him play or play with him. He can't go to daycare, can't play with his best friend Rocky, and can't chase balls. He probably wants to off himself right about now. Oh, and did I mention the vet bill on Saturday was $220?

One more thing to vent and then I'm slapping myself upside the head and making a giant push to turn this day around... as if dropping $220 on a vet bill wasn't bad enough, yesterday we had the pleasure of forking over another $425 for Jake's truck. Wheel baring (sp?) this time. Apparently, the wheel was ready to fall off. Six words: NEVER BUYING A GMC TRUCK AGAIN. Damn American made cars. Sorry to all you devout "American made" backers, but that's how I feel. Knock on wood, the Envoy has been good to us, but I promise you, I won't be buying anything but a Honda or Toyota after the Envoy's retired - which won't be for a very long time, so I'm not holding my breath. I know I won't be able to talk Jake into anything foreign, but at least he's agreed that GMC are Gay Man's Chevy's.

Okay. That's it. I'm done. Now it's time to turn things up a notch, and catch up from a day out of the office. I'm going to pound a bottle of water, pound a cup of coffee, and get down to it. Maybe I'll crank out a few power squats just to get the day started... you never know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't even touch the never buy American cars thing...too easy!! That sucks about the money though...that could have been our spa money!!

Anonymous said...

Ok dude - move here so I can watch Layla for you! ;-)

Anonymous said...

yes...turn from the dark side of American Made turds on 4 wheels to the joy of flawless problem free ownership of the well crafted, designed and engineered Japanese vehicles which actually hold there value....hmmmm, neat concept... yeah, like you didn't know it was me (Matt) with this response!

bung pow

The Sherman's said...

you woudln't have had to tell me that response was from you... the "bung pow" gave you away.

wanna trade vehicles?

or, come to our house and steal the truck or burn it or something?