Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hormones, or Life in General?

Ahhhh!!!!! I'm soooo annoyed with people today! The day started calm, slow and easy. I even managed (for the first time in months) to get out and run an errand during my work day. But wouldn't you know, all hell breaks loose once I'm back in the office. And really, it's not hell breaking loose, just annoying little things. Someone at my desk every 30 seconds to ask about the cake (still some left over from a surprise baby shower that my coworkers had for me on Monday, bless their hearts), the toys on my desk - yes, I have toys on my desk, and, a sticker on my computer monitor that says, "Cute but psycho, things even out," as well as one that says, "Can't listen, you're dumb," when my last day is, how far along am I, am I ready, blah blah blah. I know, how rude and ungrateful am I? It's definitely time for an April nap, that's for sure. I think I just get wigged out when I'm slammed w/ 32 people on the phone, at my desk and popping up in email at once. That's it. I'm done. My last day at work is today. Kidding.

Jake and I are continuing to move at warp speed, okay Jake more so than me, so I think that's really starting to beat me down. I'm BEYOND ready to get out of here and have a little R&R. I don't care if I just sit in a room and stare at a wall for 3 days. At least I won't have to deal w/being a grown up... I don't think.

My brain capacity no longer exists. I have no thought process, logic, or memory. Now I completely understand why CA law allows expectant mothers to take 4 weeks off PRIOR to delivery. It's DANGEROUS for me to even be in public, let alone driving on the freeways, and working at an investment firm.

Mother of God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Breathe and again.
It sounds like you just need a day to..umm to do whatever.
Congrats to Jake on the tri, what an accomplishment. GREAT JOB!
I am very happy for you two and wish you the best in the last month of your pregnancy!
love Beth

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you. Everyone is pissing me off lately. All the little things. I don't care. I don't care about keeping my house clean. I don't care about anything at work. I just want to sleep. Lock myself in a room and wake up when it's time to deliver this kid.

The Sherman's said...

Thanks Beth! Good to hear from you. And yes, we're taking 3 days to "do whatever" starting Sunday. Headed to Lake Geneva, the Abbey Resort. Can't frickin' wait.
Nan - I'm w/ya. Let's go find somewhere to veg out and stay there until the babies say, "I'm comin' out!"

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me! Name the place and time.