Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tick, tick, tick...

That's all I can hear... "tick, tick, tick..." No baby yet... OBVIOUSLY. We had another checkup on Monday and the report: no progress. NONE. Whoopi di dooo! How can that be??? I am seriously in delusional / wishful thinking world because on Sunday I was having very sporadic contractions and new movements and thought for sure, I'd be going into labor any second. WRONG.

So, again, here we sit. Hurry up and wait. I'm feeling okay, but definitely UNCOMFORTABLE and pretty much immobile. Poor Jake. I flop around in bed at night like a fish out of water and he's so patient. Doesn't say a word, but I know what he really wants to do is clobber me with a pillow and say, "Hold still already!!!"

Eight days until our due date... tick, tick, tick.

Two more days in the office... tick, tick, tick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby will be here before you know it. I'm so excited and anxious! Hang in there. Try and rest before he/she comes. ha ha I know. I'm in the same boat. Rest? What's that? Ok then, go get a pedicure or something.

The Sherman's said...

Thx nan. I'll try. Rest isn't something I get a lot of these days, but I'm trying... soon... soon.