Sunday, August 12, 2007

Progress










Enjoy some before and after paint pics of the basement... after pics are actually appearing above the befores...so scroll to the bottom and work your way up to see before and after... more to come. I believe the ceiling's being put in next week, then the bathroom, then floors. Whooo hoo!!! I'll post some pics of the nursery soon. I'd rather post pics of the final than the "almost final".

Ahhhh... it's Sunday. Normally, I would be happy only in the a.m. that it's Sunday - a day to sleep in a bit (until Hudson stomps on our heads that is), get some cleaning done and then slapped across the face w/the reality that the next day is Monday, which only means facing another week of work. Boo.

Today, not your typical Sunday. Hudson was kind enough to let us sleep until about 7:45 (with some loud sighs and him sitting directly on Jake's chest). Jake and I are into our normal routines (me cleaning up the upstairs, him cleaning up the downstairs). Jake was painting ALL DAY yesterday. The hero primed and painted the ENTIRE basement. Looks WONDERFUL. I tell you, the guy has DETERMINATION written all over him. I'm not sure about the tears part, but he sure put some blood and sweat into yesterday's basement work (seriously, blood too. He sliced his finger a good one on something while he was painting and his over sized Whitewater t-shirt, which I think I stole from one of the guys I lived w/in the purple house, has blood all over it).

To reward him for all his hard work, and mostly to give him a break so HE doesn't break, we're headed out today for an ESCAPE until Wed. Going to The Abbey in Lake Geneva. Hopefully, I can get in for a mani/pedi, and we can rent a boat for a day, but mostly, all I really want to do is RELAX. Hudson will be staying w/ our neighbor, Lori and her dog, Zoe. He'll be fine, especially since he's right next door to our house, but he's been so nervous about this baby coming lately that I think he might think we moved away forever w/out him. Oh well, it's only for a few days.

Packing the hospital bag today... the diaper bag is already packed. Putting the car seat in too. Weird. Measuring the windows for some new curtains and possibly ordering a few more things for the walls and that's it. Bring on the baby... okay, not just yet. Maybe in a couple of weeks bring it on.

No comments: