Monday, August 6, 2007

Under Construction

Well, let me first explain that the lapse in postings is due to the fact that almost our entire house is under construction at this point in time. The nursery is pretty much complete, with only a few minor decorating details I'd like to add, if there's time. The basement is nearing the finish line as well thanks to Jake BUSTING HIS ASS in there day after day, night after night. He's completely dedicated to having it done before school starts. I've never seen a more intense look of determination on his face. The only time that look broke was for about 90 minutes on Friday night when we went to The Simpson's Movie... Homer is Jake's hero. So that was a good break for him.

Our new dishwasher is being delivered today (hallelujah) after washing dishes the old school way since November. There's someone coming to help Jake with the drywall mudding and taping over the next few days, then the painting will commence, the ceiling, bathroom, floors and done. He's got it all very strategically planned. He's doing a great job and when he explains something to me that I don't understand, I just smile and nod... I know he's got everything under control, so why ask questions? I sure as hell don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to construction.

Four weeks from today is my due date, and my lovely coworkers have not been subtle in the least in reminding me that my belly continues to grow. It's great to be surrounded by a young guys who've never had kids (please note sarcasm). The baby kicked me hard today which made me say, "Ouch," and one of them froze in his tracks and said, "What? What's happening? Is that bad?" They're all SURE I'm going to deliver right here on the office floor. Pansies.

I have planned one final hiatus for Jake and I before our lives are turned upside down. We're heading to the Abbey Resort in Lake Geneva this Sunday for 3 days of R&R. I know it's hard for Jake to leave the construction zone, but he needs it just as bad as I do. I know good and well that if I just take a few days off to "chill out" at home, we'll both be pulled into our own projects... him in the basement, me in the nursery.

Because there's really not an "office" at our house anymore (until the basement's finished), we're relying on my laptop from work as our connection to the outside world. I don't bring it home every night though, so that's also adding to the lapse in postings... but I'll try to do better in these upcoming days to avoid leaving you all hanging.

Until our next post... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude i'm still waiting for a belly shot!