Monday, November 8, 2010

Flying solo - Day 1

Today is my first day since the afternoon of 10/19 being solo. Well, I'm not sure you can really count this as being solo when I have my big helper dog Hudson at my side, but you catch my drift. This morning our friend and neighbor, Lori, was the chauffeur for daycare, and my day is filled with lots of exciting and crazy events - sleeping and making more doctor's appointments. I know, it's going to be just like a party!

I'm pretty sure most of my day will be spent napping, as I'm tired already. Not sure how that's possible but I suppose I'll blame it on the surgery and daylight savings. Anyone else feel like hunting down the person who thought up this daylight savings scam and scaring the life out of him until he takes it all back and just lets it be whatever the hell time it is forever?? Layla sure doesn't give a hoot that when she's up at 5:00 it's really still 6:00. Last night though, she did fall asleep on my lap on the couch and didn't really wake up even when Jake picked her up and carried her off to bed. So maybe her bedtime will be a bit earlier for a little while?

Nothing exciting to report today besides my oh so exciting to do list. Not that I'm asking for a larger list or more responsibility at this point. The thought of that overwhelms me and I'm very thankful for the fact that I have this time to rest and recover. I'm sure I'll be fine, but sometimes I find myself wondering if I should have one of those necklace thingies that has a, "Help! I've fallen, and I can't get up!" button on it. ;)

Tomorrow is my 33rd Birthday... my slogan for this year: "33 and tumor free!" Maybe I should make a shirt? The Schultz's are coming over for a Bday visit with some dinner, so I know we'll have a good time and that Layla will have a blast with their little Mason Man!

Happy Monday to ya'll!

4 comments:

Lisa Kuderer said...

I tried this once already and it didn't go through. . .anyway, enjoy your peace and quiet. Great for rest and relaxation. I say YES to your t-shirts! Cute idea! Have a great birthday and celebrate those 33 years of your life with your beautiful family! :) Take it easy lady and ttys!

Anonymous said...

Hi April

Love your blog! I hope you have a great Birthday!!

Cara Verber

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday April! Keep on blogging.

Patty Bartholf said...

April, I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better, the word does travel around to all your friends at Wells, so know that you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Happy Birthday!
Patty