Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Good News!

Last night, at about 7:30 (oh, yes, they made me sweat it out for a full day and a half), St. Luke's called. My doctor's physician's assistant was the one who called me. I honestly think my surgeon does like 5 surgeries a day and works minimum 12 hours a day, because she said he had not yet seen the scans as he was in and out of surgeries all day and / or at other clinics for appointments. So, she took a look at the scans herself, as well as the report. She said, that from what she can see, the only "abnormalities" are regular, post-op ones. There were no masses visible on the scans! She did mention something about fluid, but again, I think that was related to surgery. When she was reading to me from the report, I remember thinking, "Okay, that's good. And that's good too." But, I no longer have a short term memory so I can't exactly reiterate what the report said (and Jake was at night class, otherwise I would've just put it on speaker and let him retain everything like he usually does). She did say that of course, Dr. Ahuja will have to confirm everything she told me after he has looked at the scan, but I'd think that if there was something that was "in your face" on the scans, she would know it. And the MRI itself was the longest of the 3 I've had in the last month so I think they were scanning every last bit of my dome. I also had to have some sort of injection half way through so they could see all the vessels clearly, so that makes me think the scans should be pretty clear.

From here, we wait to hear from the radiology oncologist at St. Luke's (next week) and we're supposed to set up an appointment with the Oncologist at Northwestern (probably within a few weeks but for sure w/in the month). This is all cautionary, we're told, because the tumor that I had is aggressive and these teams want to meet to discuss weather I'll have to undergo any sort of treatments, probably to prevent the tumor from coming back? I'm not sure. Let's just hope I don't have to do any radiation treatment or chemo. I've also got my Tee Dawg on the case, and have my MRIs, CTs and pathology report to take with me so that her "brain guy" and "pathology" guy can take a look.

The bad news: Our furnace might be dead. ;) Okay, I probably shouldn't ever say "bad news" in my updates... Just keeping you guys on your toes. In the grand scheme of things, it's not really a big deal, but when you don't have money comin' down from the sky, it's sort of annoying. Good thing Jake feels confident that he's going to take the pot in all 3 of his fantasy football leagues. The guy is obsessed. Let's just hope the refrigerator sticks to it's guns. For all of you who've ever stepped foot in our house, you know it's ready to kick the bucket. Some people have told us it sounds like a loud, sudden cough, some have said a gunshot, some said a car back firing. It doesn't always sound like that. Just intermittently, right when you're chilling out or all is mellow in the house "bam"! Yeah, it's goin' down.

Stay tuned for more updates. For now, looks like we have A LOT to be thankful for!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates on your blog. It is good to hear you are doing well. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Patty Hampton

Unknown said...

We're so glad to hear this great news...so much to be thankful for this year. I'm sending a big cyber hug your way.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Heather, Andrew and Abigail

Vintage Tracy said...

Keep your head up, girl. Have a restful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Can you post jake's teams and I will weigh in on those teams? thanks.

oh yeah, and awesome news! love u ape.

g

The Sherman's said...

Uh, are you serious Gobbz? If I remember to ask him who his teams are, I'll letcha know... but I can't remember what I did 10 seconds ago, so you'll prob have to txt me later today / tonight, when he's home.

Luv ya! :)

Z said...

I like how Apes pretends her issues with short term memory are related to this tumor action.

Glad to hear the latest though!

Have a good TG.

love some apes

Ryan/Jes

Unknown said...

Your fridge sounds like a monster, please don't let it eat the dog or your daughter! Take care of yourself, get some rest, even though I'm sure your resting enough and ready to jump out your window. Call me should you get to "Chi." I'm there, anything you need.

Happy Holidays! Spread that on to the fam as well. Luv ya "Lump!" Take care.

Spencer

Tee said...

Jesus April you're friends are the best!! It's so great to see how much they love you!! :-) And I mean that seriously!

Kamie Gritt said...

Yeah, so we saw Jake this morning as he is getting to work and the first thing he mentions is that the damn furnace went out...great!! anyway, good to hear that you have some good news. I am so happy for you. Hey you still have your great sense of humor!! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Layla and Jake.

Lisa Kuderer said...

Great news! Love and hugs your way! Keep us posted!

Deanna said...

April,

I'm soooooooo glad to hear the good news! I am praying for you and sending you lots of hugs and cheer!

Hope Santa brings a new furnace to your house a little early!

I miss you!

jesstina said...

I'm so excited to hear this news!!! April, April Bo-Bapril...God bless you and your beautiful family. You deserve the best. Peace out. - Tina Klimek from your MN WF Family.