Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Let the insomnia begin...

Hmmm... turns out the meds they have me on are not ones that are willing to let me get any real rest. I thought for sure at least the pain meds I'm on would push me into sleep land a bit. No such luck. I've been noticing over the last few nights that I am just wound tight at bedtime and cannot settle down this brain of mine (ironic, isn't it?). Originally, I was told the seizure meds I'm on will make me drowsy, but they don't. They make me dizzy and disoriented, but not drowsy. Plop a few steroids throughout the day on top of that and you've got one tweaked out A-Train. It constantly feels like I'm on edge with a little bit of tired dashed on top. I am able to "rest" (meaning snuggle up with a cozy blanket and veg a bit), but not actually sleep. Oh, another added bonus, the seizure meds make me itch, and sweat. So let me tell you, I am one hot piece of mama to be sleeping next to for Jake. I'm wiggly, itchy and seriously breaking out in hot flash night sweats. Now that's hot.

The last time I looked at the clock last night was midnight, and I tossed and turned from there. I gave up and came out to watch a DVR'd episode of "Desperate Housewives" at 3:00 a.m., and here I sit now, watching some trashy "Extra" episode and wondering if I should have some toast.

You guys... Is this blogging thing annoying? For me, it's sort of therapeutic, but sometimes I wonder if it's too much. You know, sort of like when you get trapped in a conversation with one of those people who just won't shut the hell up about themselves?? That is so flipping obnoxious. I'm hoping that the fact that you cannot read up on the updates without pursuing the site yourself saves you from some of the "in your faceness" of it all, but please know that if you keep coming out here for more meaningful posts only to be disappointed, I'll understand fully if you want to take a break from my recovery for a while. :)

Ooohhh... I should really go. There's an extended preview of the new movie, "Burlesque" with Cher and Christina Aguilara on Extra... KIDDING. Not a Christina fan in the least. If I saw her on the street I'd give her a high five for being a diva, but I wouldn't go see this movie if you paid me. Ick.

Happy Wednesday! Oh, and a quick follow-up to my last post... Theresa made it here without a hitch last night, and as I walked down our sidewalk to her car to greet her, I saw the tears well up in her eyes. She grabbed me so tight I thought my head might pop off, shook me and said, "Don't you ever do that to me again! You scared the shit out of me!" I told her I wouldn't, and we proceeded to cry it out in the driveway. I knew that would happen. My "Tee Dawg", to the rescue.

8 comments:

The Schultz's said...

I don't think your blog is annoying at all!! It's nice to be able to hear your thoughts and comments, as it helps everyone feel more apart of what you are going through. Sooo.. post away!! I look forward to seeing you tomorrow - stay hungry :)

The Gritts said...

I love to read your posts so post away...very interesting...and FUNNY! I hear ya about the whole "taking things for granted" thing. I truely puts life into perspective. Keep writing your thoughts. If it is thearaputic, then keep it up. It gives me somthing to read that is entertaining. Thanks. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Of course theyre annoying, but, the GOOD kind of annoying. Keep bringing it on. If it makes you feel better, do IT!!

g

Deanna said...

April,

Keep blogging, my friend. It helps me feel close to you even though we are 400 miles apart!

I'm sorry you can't sleep very much/well. That sucks. Can I say that?

Maybe I missed it, but did we get an official BENIGN sign on the T?

Blondie looks adorable in her Halloween costume. I'm so glad you got to enjoy that time with her. I gave away spooky Halloween rings at my house and they were a BIG HIT with the little ones...think I may now be the favorite adult in the neighborhood!

I hope you continue to feel better every day. I've been thinking about you and wishing you well!

You should write a book someday. Seriously...you are a great writer (not that that surprises me). You'd write a best seller...very entertaining and funny!

Sending hugs!

Vintage Tracy said...

Oh girl, insomnia is the WORST. I hope you get some zzzz's soon. Maybe if you thought about work for awhile...that always puts me to sleep. HAHAHA!

Donna said...

April, you do what ever you want to do and share your thoughts. Don't worry about anyone else. We will read what we want, if we want.
You are home and with your family, which is awesome.

Carmen Olejnik said...

I enjoy your blog - almost as much as I enjoy Dooce :) - kidding..I enjoy yours more because I know you and can relate to you better. I'm glad this is therapeutic for you and it will be great to look back on some day so you can remember clearly what you went through and how far you have come. I wish I had chronicled my recovery from my surgery - it is good to remember.
I hope the insomnia gets better and that you keep getting stronger every day. Layla looked precious for Halloween and I am so happy you were home to share it with her!
Carmen

Lisa Kuderer said...

No April, not annoying at all. I went on facebook to keep in touch with friends but don't want to put EVERYTHING out there so may start our own family blog. Just have to figure out how. Therapy in the form of a blog, venting to a friend or journal all saves on counseling bills! LOL Do what works for you! Was good to see you and that you are doing well! Love to you all! :)