Monday, July 30, 2007

34 weeks and growing...

Today I had my 34 week checkup. All went well. Not liking where the scale is going, but my doctor said I'm right where I should be. Does that mean she can promise me I'll be "right where I should be" once the baby is out? Sheesh.

Measuring fine, blood pressure is fine, heart rate is in the 140's (up from the low 130's in the previous appointments). I'm not dilated at all yet. Damn. I thought for sure she'd say that I was and I'd say, "Well thank God. I would assume so! I feel like this kid is coming tomorrow." Not so much. My doctor was fairly confident that the baby had flipped back to the head down position, without doing an ultrasound. The ultrasound on the 7th will confirm/deny that. She said either way, the baby still has time to flip, so she's not worried.

So, since I had my 34 week appointment, and we found the charger to the camera, I thought I'd post some pics of my belly. Only to find out that I'm not familiar enough and more importantly, not alert enough, to figure out how the hell to use the self timer and take a pic on my own. Jake's out of town until Wednesday (yes, his last trip until after the baby's born... life w/out a helper when you're this far along is HARD) and he's the one that can figure it out. So hold tight. Fatty pictures to come soon.

Well, I have to force myself to get some more work done (working from home), head to the store, and then possibly muster up the energy to pick up the house before "going to sleep" for the night. Translation = flopping around like a giant fish out of water, huffing and puffing, throwing pillows all over the place because there's NO SUCH THING AS COMFORT OR SLEEP WHEN YOU'RE 8+ MONTHS PREGNANT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Do you think maybe I'm irritable too?

No comments: