Monday, July 2, 2007

Baby Shower

Well, as you'll see by the lapse in time between posts, I'm still new at this and still forget that we have set up this blog that was originally intended to share our lives w/the ones we love and don't see often enough. Bad blogger. Bad. ;)

Our baby shower was this weekend and was a great success. My Aunt Dorothy hosted it at her house in Sun Prairie with the help of my mom. They did a great job and everyone seemed to have a great time. Lots of food, fun and laughs. It was great to see old friends, even if for only a little while. We got so many wonderful gifts, I almost don't know what to do with everything. Jake was shocked to see the entire back half of the Envoy filled to the brim and yesterday he worked hard at disassembling the log bed and reassembling it downstairs in the new spare bedroom. Now, all the gifts are in the soon to be nursery staring at me blindly as if to say, "Well put us away already, would you?" I would, but we don't have the furniture yet and the nursery still needs to be painted. Once it's painted and I have the furniture picked out, I'll breathe a sigh of relief, that's for sure.

So, with all the new gifts, my big "to-do's" include shopping for any missing items, thank you notes, nursery decor, etc., all while introducing Hudson to all the new things that are coming into and going out of the house. He knows good and well that there's something brewing in the Sherman house and he's making that very clear by being very clingy with Jake and I. It's almost as if he's gone back to being a puppy all over again. He was such a good boy yesterday with all of the gifts spread everywhere though, that I gave in and gave him one of the rubber duckies he's been wanting so badly. He loves it and treats it like a new baby. Very gentle and it still has a head, so he must have some sort of paternal instinct kicking in.

No comments: