Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Hudson's Summer School Debut

Today Hudson took his first trip to summer school. He went to Jake's Land Navigation class (6th -8th graders) to help them, well, navigate. Sounds like he did a great job. When I got to the school to pick him up (Hudson couldn't stay for fishing with the 3rd and 4th graders, as he'd likely lose an eye or an ear if he did), he was running around the field with the kids like he'd never seen a field before. He was happy as can be, even running through the mix of kids who were in some sort of gym class, maybe playing handball. I'm sure Hudson thought they were all there for him. Now he's home with me and tuckered out which is good news because mama has work to do.

Today is work from home day and cleaning day. I swear, I get tons more done at home than I do at the office. There are just too many distractions there and this way, when there are "lulls," I can do laundry, clean, etc. Nice.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July, with no big plans at the Sherman house. Jake will be working like a dog in the basement to race to meet his end of July deadline. I'll probably be organizing what will soon be the nursery, hopefully not in panic mode.

Only about 9 weeks of this pregnancy left to go. That's not much time to get everything in place! Ah HURRY!!!!

2 comments:

Tee said...

Hey Shermans,

Nice work with the blog! It's great to hear how things are going. Thanks for the great weekend last weekend. Only wish we didn't have to leave so early, but BMeyer had an itch to tear some stuff up on the house. We'd like to plan another trip down to see you guys once the little popcorn arrives, so let us know when a good time will be. I'm thinking in October or November so you'll have time to get adjusted to life with a baby. Maybe when the guys go hunting I'll drive down and spend the time with you?

The Sherman's said...

Of course I'd love to have you come stay while the boys are hunting! The baby and I would love it! As long as you don't mind haning out with me, a dog and a baby!! Thanks again for coming all this way to see us and to come to the shower! It was great seeing you!