Friday, July 6, 2007


Today marks 31 weeks pregnant. 31 weeks?! That's insane! This picture was actually taken at 21 weeks, so that shows how much the baby will have grown at the next ultrasound! That means that I only have 9 weeks left until my due date. And the doctors start telling you that you can "go at any time" once you hit 36 weeks. Umm... not ready yet. Too much to do! I feel like I have so much to do that I'm not really even sure where to start. That's probably because I have a hard time visualizing what I want. I know I want the nursery to be "cute," but that's all I know. If I could just get my hands on the "cute wand," that'd be great.


Our next appointment is Tuesday. Then, another ultrasound on the 17th. It's crazy to see this little bugger getting bigger and bigger. At this point, I don't really need a picture to tell me how big the baby is getting. He/she is kicking, jabbing and flipping like there's a rave going on in my belly. If you stare at my tummy for a few minutes, it looks like an alien is in there trying to get out. Creepy.


Drill for Jake this weekend, wandering around in circles thinking about nursery stuff for April. I wish I was a movie star who had her own interior designer. Yeah, that would be great. I could just say, "I want this, this and this and I don't want that, that or that." I'll get to work on that and see what I come up with.


Signing off on another fun filled Friday night. Home alone at 9:32 and pretty much calling it a day. Whoo hoo. I know, crazy. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little popcorn bugger looks so cute! What are you going to name him/her? My son is now 1 and I painted his nursery pink camo when I was 7 months...didn't know the sex and thought it was a bit of both worlds. Are you concerned about the dog with the baby?

The Sherman's said...

Our boy name is Hunter. The girl name is top secret. Silly, I know, but everyone has known for years that if we have a boy, we'll name him Hunter. If it's a girl, I want the name to be a surprise. Jake keeps telling everyone we're naming the baby Madison if it's a girl, but we're not. I guess that's his way of "diverting" them from the real name we've chosen. ;) I think Hudson will do great w/ the baby. We've had him around a few of our friend's babies and he's wonderful. Very sweet and curious, brings all his toys to the baby. We'll just have to watch him to be sure he doesn't pounce him/her by mistaking the baby for a toy. I know he thinks little kids are some sort of puppy or entertainment for him. But we're sure he'll be fine. :) Thanks for the comment!!

Beth said...

Apes and Jake--I miss you! I'm so glad that you're doing this blog, cause now I can keep tabs on you. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I had no frickin' idea that a little one was coming into your lives very very soon. What a beautiful baby. I was thinking about you a couple days ago and even told my mother that I wouldn't be surprised if you were pregnant. I'm so smart.
Congrats, again. I wish you the best. :) I'm so happy for you two. Hunter--awesome name. Madison--well, I'm glad that's not the name. It's the number two most popular in the country.:) You two are the Shermans! You're more original than that.:)
Love, Beth