Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Breech Baby

Starting to slightly recover from the hectic weekend and be hit w/ the "mid week" exhaustion, all at the same time - if that's even possible. Being Jake's number one fan at the triathlon was more trying than I'd originally anticipated, but it was fun. I was so proud to have my husband be the only competitor who crossed the finish line and puke. What a champ.

Yesterday we had another ultrasound at the Aurora Women's Pavilion in West Allis. Fancy place and they do good work. We saw the baby of course, but not very well as he/she has decided to do a flip and is now in the breech position with his/her feet down and head up. To be honest, I was not totally surprised to hear this. Sunday, I was sure that the baby was doing some sort of stunt in my belly as he/she was moving and flipping so much. It was actually hurting me. I had to get up and walk around and then resorted to strapping headphones on my belly and playing Enya to put the little sucker to sleep. That worked... for a while, but I think it was too late. The flip had already occurred.

Since I'm just about 33 weeks along, there's still a few weeks for the baby to flip. Not much time though, since as he/she grows, the room runs out. And, considering the baby had almost doubled in size (from 2.5 pounds to 4.5 in just 3 weeks), we're not sure there will be a tremendous amount of room for flipping in the upcoming weeks. And yes, I did the calculations right there in the dr's office about the baby's weight and said to Jake, "If the baby continues to grow like this, we'll have a 8.5 lb / 9.0 lb baby!!" Of course, that's if I go full term. And they thought the baby was measuring small for a while. Please.

I promised some of you (Nancy) preggers pics of me... I don't intend on breaking that promise, just plan to have Jake snap the shots when he's home later and will have him post them, if that's okay. Please don't shoot.

Dishes and Hudson are calling...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah yeah, i'll believe it when i see it! post pics already. :-) i miss you!