Friday, July 13, 2007

Grown Ups

Being a grown up is just no fun sometimes. As you can see from the severe lack of postings and broken promises (pictures), this week kicked our butts. Busy as I've ever been at work, with one thing after another going wrong. I almost felt like I was in the twilight zone some of the days. They beat me down and left me in total zombie mode at night. I don't think I'll make it past 9:00 tonight.

Tomorrow will be yet another early day... Jake has his first triathlon that he's running with his brother, and LT Bailey from the Army. Up at 5:00 a.m. for a 6:00 a.m. start time. I'll be there to cheer him on, as my big preggers belly won't be partaking in the festivities. It'll be interesting to have our friend, Pete, there to cheer the guys on... you never know what you're gonna get with that guy. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in a chicken suit with a bull horn and a paint gun, riding a scooter and yelling, "go, go, go, or i'll shoot you square in the ass with these hot pink paint balls you pansies!!" Those of you who have no idea who I'm talking about are probably chuckling slightly, thinking, "Yeah, that'd be funny, but it would never happen and I think you're kind of exaggerating, April." Those of you who know Pete know that this is not b.s. This could really happen. I'll bring my camera, in case it does.

Immediately following the triathlon tomorrow is birthing class. Not too pumped, although I'm too scared to go w/out the class. Most people tell me it's worth it, but after our breastfeeding class experience (the teacher was a feminist hippie stuck in the '60's who spoke about wildly inappropriate adventures she took w/ her husband during her breastfeeding days), I'm doubtful that we'll have a "stellar" time. I'm GRATEFUL that Jake is so willing to humor me and go with me. I know it's not because he thinks there's more we need to know, but that he's going w/me to calm my nerves. So, it'll be a long day. Ugh. Who knows, if the instructer sucks and only talks about natural birth, zen and finding your happy place, maybe we'll just bail.

Jake has made serious progress this week on the basement. He's done an AWESOME job, ALL BY HIMSELF. I'm proud of him. Sounds like this week we'll have the nursery painted if it works w/ our boy Kau. Then I can really get to work and finish getting things in place. I am approaching mental ward status as far as my panic about having this baby early and just want the nursery DONE.


I promise, pictures to come. So sorry!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so... how was the birthing class? same instructor?

The Sherman's said...

Not the same instructor, thank God! She was great and we took a lot out of the class. It's nice to have it overwith and have the info to think about. Our final class, "Taking Care of Your Baby," is in just two weeks. After that, we should be sculpted into perfect parents. Right? ;)