Sunday, July 15, 2007

Just Your Average Saturday

Good Morning

It is Sunday morning and I tried to sleep in, but Hudson just wasn't having it, so now I am up and starting to get productive.

Yesterday was the Triathlon. Participants were myself, my brother Jeremy, and Nate Bailey an Army buddy. I will post pictures. The course was a loop with a smallish hill. The part that really didn't dawn on me is that every time you come around you have to go up the hill making the course that seemed flat rather hilly, and the smallish hill larger with each lap. It was a great time in a demented way. After race thoughts were that we were all going to continue doing tri's and that we were all going to work on our swimming.

In the crowd yesterday were our rental units Jim Crivitz and Diane D Money. Thanks for the encouragement. Also in the crowd was the ironman himself Sweet Feet Pete with coaching and words of encouragement. Thanks for being there Pete. April and Megan.....The reason why Jeremy and I knock out one more lap, set, rep, or mile...for the girls at home.....Thank You for getting up early and being there for us.

Right after the race I had to get cleaned up and head to Child Birthing class. Actually it wasn't to bad at all. We got to do some sweet breathing and relaxation stuff. Watched a couple how to videos....not how to make a baby.......how to get the baby into the world. The only weird thing was during our relaxation time we had to put a clothes pin on our ear to make it painful while we tried to relax. I guess they are professionals they know what they are doing and if they say it helps I am on board.

After class Jeremy and I hit the Hartford Conservation Club to shoot our bows on the 3-D course. The hunt of '07 is on the horizon and with the baby on the way I think I will have one day to hunt this fall so I can't screw it up by missing. Lots of practice.....kind of like getting pregnant....

Jeremy and April and I then hit the Mineshaft for some chicken wingies and a fat cheeseburger. A couple drinks for Sherm and I in celebration and a kiddy cocktail for A-train.
We picked up a movie on the way home "Breech". Not so good. Kind of anti-climactic from what I saw, but then again my Makers Mark's and Diet Coke tasted like a nap, and I didn't see much of the middle or end of the movie.

I will put up some pictures from the Race and from recent past.

Sunday is a Day of Rest.....
but
There is no Rest for the Weary

Good Things For Good People
Jake

No comments: