Monday, July 9, 2007

Manic Monday

Great pics of Jake's class, hugh!? The kids look so fired up! I love them! I remember the first times that I went fishing as a tater tot, and I'm sure these kids will too! The smiles on their faces show it! Even the ones who have tiny fish on their lines! Hilarious!

Another Monday to check off the list... thank God. Mondays are brutal. If it wasn't for this thing called life, I would've begged Jake to play hooky w/me today. But with him being the king of fishing and land navigation class, I know that wasn't possible. And, I'm now training a newbee at work (who's located in San Francisco which means I'm fielding calls from him all day) so I can't exactly be MIA or the pour sap will be lost, bouncing off of walls looking lost and confused. Bless his heart, he just wants to do a really good job with the projects that he's been assigned, and I think he will, but at the same time I have 49 other massively hot projects on my plate that need immediate attention so when I get calls from him where he wants to discuss his ideas on how we can change the future of our company, I have to bite my tongue and just remind myself I'll be on maternity leave in less than two months. Ahhhh!!!

Jake had drill this weekend, which is always no fun for anyone. No fun for him because drill is an unorganized debacle of chaos and nothing all rolled into one. It's all about hurry up and wait, with no end result. And for an "always on the go" person like Jake, that's worse than Chinese water torture. For Hudson and I, it's pretty much the same because the hours that we haven't filled w/ friend visits, shopping and cleaning are spent texting Jake to see when he'll be done. Which, he has no control over. Yesterday after drill he had some of his Army buddies over to visit. One of them, John, helped the day before w/dry walling, the other, Kau, will be helping w/ painting the nursery and a few other areas of the house! Bless them! I knew those Army Joes were good for somethin'... kidding boys. :) A third, Jason (my wife Jaimie's husband) also joined for the visit and the four of them together managed to somehow heave a GIANT entertainment center over our stairwell wall that leads into the basement. Two guys on one side of the wall at the top of the stairs, two guys at the bottom of the stairs, just waiting for the massive thing to come crashing down. I actually sat on the couch and closed my eyes and covered my ears. I was afraid at any moment I'd hear breaking glass, screaming, a loud smash or something worse. But they manged to get it into the basement w/ no issues. Good luck to whoever buys this house. I don't see that entertainment center coming out of the basement - ever.

We've had a slew of requests for more pics... which I'll be posting soon. I'd like to give you some before shots of the basement and nursery, maybe a few of my growing belly and a few of our #1 baby (at the moment), Hudson. However, I can't find one of our cameras right now, and I can't find the charger for the 2nd camera. What does that tell you? We have too much stuff and no where to put it. I'll probably find the charger a year from now in our freezer or something.

Happy Monday to everyone! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be a real good texter

Anonymous said...

um yes please - i want pics of your belly! i miss you! love to that baby girl from Koen!

The Sherman's said...

sorry! i'm on the pics. promise i'll post some this weekend.